If you’re a chocolate lover looking for a guilt-free treat that combines taste and nutrition, then black bean brownies are a game-changer. Yes, you read that right – brownies made with black beans! But before you dismiss the idea, let me assure you that these fudgy delights are not only scrumptious but also packed with fiber, protein, and essential nutrients. So, get ready to indulge in this sensational dessert that will leave you craving for more!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 12 brownies
|1 can (15 ounces), rinsed and drained
|Unsweetened cocoa powder
|Maple syrup or honey
|Coconut oil (melted)
|Semi-sweet chocolate chips
|Optional add-ins (walnuts, peanut butter chips, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, cocoa powder, oats, baking powder, salt, maple syrup or honey, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and well mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and any optional add-ins, gently folding them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs. Be careful not to overbake.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting them into squares.
- Serve and enjoy these delectable black bean brownies!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Q: Are black bean brownies really good?
A: Absolutely! While it may sound unconventional to use black beans in brownies, they actually create a moist and fudgy texture, not to mention the added health benefits compared to traditional brownies.
Q: Can I taste the beans in black bean brownies?
A: Rest assured, you won’t taste the beans at all! The cocoa powder and other sweet ingredients successfully mask any bean flavor, leaving you with a rich chocolatey taste.
Q: Can I substitute the sweetener or oil in this recipe?
A: Yes, feel free to substitute maple syrup or honey with your preferred sweetener, and coconut oil with a different oil that you have on hand. Just note that it might slightly alter the taste and texture of the brownies.
Q: Can I freeze black bean brownies?
A: Absolutely! Black bean brownies freeze well, making them a convenient option for when you need a quick treat. Simply place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and thaw them at room temperature when you’re ready to enjoy.
Q: Are black bean brownies gluten-free?
A: Yes, the use of black beans and oats makes this recipe naturally gluten-free, but always double-check the labels of your ingredients to ensure they are certified gluten-free.
So, if you’re ready to surprise your taste buds with a healthier brownie alternative that doesn’t compromise on flavor, then don’t hesitate to try out these black bean brownies. With their simple preparation and heavenly taste, they are sure to become a staple in your dessert repertoire that pleases both your sweet tooth and your health-conscious side.