Blueberry cookies are a classic American treat that are perfect for any occasion. They are made with simple ingredients that are easy to find, and they can be customized to your liking. Whether you like your cookies chewy or crispy, with or without chocolate chips, there is a blueberry cookie recipe out there that is perfect for you.
In this blog post, we will walk you through how to make blueberry cookies from scratch. We will provide you with a step-by-step recipe, as well as tips and tricks for making the best blueberry cookies possible.
|Unsalted butter, softened
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
Stir in the blueberries.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
Let cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For chewier cookies, chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- For crispier cookies, bake the cookies for a few minutes longer.
- Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or other mix-ins for a more decadent cookie.
- For lemon blueberry cookies, add the zest of 1 lemon to the dough.
- For oatmeal blueberry cookies, add 1/2 cup of old-fashioned oats to the dough.
- For white chocolate blueberry cookies, replace the chocolate chips with white chocolate chips.
Blueberry cookies are a delicious and easy-to-make treat that is perfect for any occasion. With a few simple tips, you can make the perfect blueberry cookies every time.