If you’re craving a mouthwatering dessert that will leave your taste buds satisfied, look no further than a canned peach pie. This delightful treat can be prepared quickly and effortlessly, making it a perfect option for both experienced bakers and beginners. In this article, we will guide you through the preparation steps, share important information, and offer some serving suggestions, ensuring that your canned peach pie is nothing short of perfection.
To get started, let’s gather all the ingredients you’ll need:
|2 cans (15 ounces each)
|Pre-made pie crust
|2 (9-inch) crusts
|2 tablespoons, cold and diced
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, let’s move on to the step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the canned peaches (undrained), granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, ground cinnamon, and lemon juice. Mix well to ensure that all the peaches are coated with the sugar and flour mixture.
- Place one of the pre-made pie crusts into a 9-inch pie dish. Press it against the sides and bottom of the dish.
- Pour the peach filling into the pie crust, spreading it evenly.
- Dot the filling with cold, diced butter.
- Place the second pre-made pie crust on top of the filling. You can either lay it flat or create a lattice pattern by crisscrossing strips of the crust.
- Trim the excess crust from the edges, then press and crimp the edges together to seal the pie.
- Using a sharp knife, make a few slits on the top crust to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown.
- Once the pie is ready, remove it from the oven and let it cool for at least 2 hours before serving. This will allow the filling to set.
Now that your canned peach pie is ready, it’s time to savor every heavenly bite. It can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgence. This pie is best served fresh, but leftovers can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Q: Can I use fresh peaches instead of canned peaches?
A: Absolutely! Fresh peaches will add a natural sweetness to your pie. Simply peel, pit, and slice about 5 cups of fresh peaches, and use them in place of the canned ones. Adjust the sugar quantity according to the sweetness of the peaches.
Q: Can I use a homemade pie crust?
A: Of course! If you have the time and prefer to make your own pie crust, go for it. Just make sure to follow the instructions for pre-baking the crust if needed, before adding the filling.
Q: Can I freeze the pie?
A: Yes, you can freeze the pie before baking it. After assembling the pie, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil, then place it in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy it, simply remove the plastic wrap and foil, and bake it directly from frozen, adding an additional 10-15 minutes to the baking time.
Q: Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free alternative?
A: Certainly! If you follow a gluten-free diet, feel free to use a gluten-free all-purpose flour in this recipe. Just ensure that it is a 1:1 substitute for regular flour, so the consistency of the filling remains the same.
Q: Can I add other fruits to the pie?
A: Absolutely! This recipe serves as a versatile base for a variety of fruits. You can add fresh berries, apples, or even a combination of fruits to create your own unique pie.
Summing up, a canned peach pie is a delightful dessert that is easy to make and bursting with flavor. This recipe will allow you to whip up a delicious pie in no time, impressing your family and guests with its sweet and tangy filling encased in a golden, flaky crust. Enjoy this delectable treat and savor the taste of summer all year round!