What could be better than combining two of life’s greatest pleasures – coffee and cookies? This coffee cookies recipe brings together the rich and bold flavors of coffee with the comforting goodness of freshly baked cookies. Whether you’re a coffee lover or simply enjoy a sweet treat, these delectable cookies are sure to impress. In this article, we will guide you through the easy steps to create this delightful recipe, providing all the necessary information including preparation time, cooking time, serving suggestions, and more.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
Servings: 24 cookies
|Instant coffee granules
|Unsalted butter (softened)
|Brown sugar (packed)
|Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick baking mat.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the instant coffee granules in 1 tablespoon of hot water. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract and the dissolved coffee until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips, distributing them evenly throughout the cookie dough.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Serving suggestions: These coffee cookies can be enjoyed any time of the day, whether as an afternoon pick-me-up or a delightful dessert after dinner. They pair exceptionally well with a cup of freshly brewed coffee or a glass of cold milk. You can also get creative by sandwiching two cookies together with a layer of your favorite flavored cream or indulging in the cookies alongside a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream.
Q: Can I use brewed coffee instead of instant coffee granules?
A: While the recipe calls for instant coffee granules, you can substitute an equal amount of strong brewed coffee. Just make sure to chill the brewed coffee before adding it to the cookie dough.
Q: Can I use a different type of flour?
A: All-purpose flour works best for this recipe, providing the right texture and consistency for the cookies. However, you can experiment with different types of flour, such as whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour blends, if desired.
Q: Can I omit the chocolate chips?
A: Absolutely! If you prefer a plain coffee-flavored cookie or want to add your own mix-ins, feel free to omit the chocolate chips or replace them with nuts, dried fruits, or white chocolate chunks.
Q: How can I store the cookies?
A: These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. For longer storage, you can freeze the cookies for up to 2 months. Just make sure to thaw them before serving.
Q: Can I double the recipe?
A: Absolutely! If you need a larger batch of cookies, you can easily double the ingredients. Just make sure you have enough oven space and baking sheets to accommodate the increased quantity.
So go ahead and indulge in the delightful combination of coffee and cookies with this scrumptious recipe. These coffee cookies are bound to become a favorite treat for any coffee lover or cookie aficionado. Enjoy the irresistible aroma and taste of freshly baked coffee goodness!