If you love the sweet and cinnamon flavor of snickerdoodle cookies, then you will absolutely adore these snickerdoodle cupcakes! This recipe takes all the deliciousness of a snickerdoodle cookie and transforms it into a moist and fluffy cupcake. With a buttery cinnamon batter and a delightful cinnamon sugar topping, these cupcakes are a perfect treat for any occasion. Whether you’re baking for a birthday party or just looking for a tasty dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth, these snickerdoodle cupcakes are sure to be a hit!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serving Suggestions: Serve the snickerdoodle cupcakes as is or top them with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting for an extra special touch. These cupcakes pair well with a warm cup of coffee or a tall glass of cold milk.
To ensure success in making these snickerdoodle cupcakes, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
|For the Cupcakes:
|For the Topping:
|1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
|¼ cup of granulated sugar
|1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
|1 ½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
|½ teaspoon of salt
|¼ cup of melted butter
|½ cup of unsalted butter, softened
|2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
|1 cup of granulated sugar
|1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
|2 large eggs
|¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg (optional)
|1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
|½ cup of milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter evenly among the lined cupcake pan, filling each liner about two-thirds full.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg (if desired) for the topping.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of each cupcake.
- Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, you can serve these snickerdoodle cupcakes as is or frost them with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting for added indulgence.
Q: Can I make these cupcakes ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make these snickerdoodle cupcakes a day in advance. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Q: Can I freeze these cupcakes?
A: Absolutely! These cupcakes freeze well. Just make sure to allow them to cool completely before placing them in a freezer-safe container. Thaw them at room temperature before serving.
Q: Can I use margarine instead of butter?
A: While margarine can be used as a substitute for butter, it may alter the taste and texture of the cupcakes slightly. It is best to use unsalted butter for a richer flavor and softer texture.
Q: Can I omit the cinnamon from the recipe?
A: The cinnamon is what gives these cupcakes their distinct snickerdoodle flavor, so it is highly recommended to include it. However, if you really cannot tolerate cinnamon, you can omit it. The cupcakes will still be delicious, but they won’t have the traditional snickerdoodle taste.
Q: Can I double the recipe?
A: Yes, you can double the recipe to make a larger batch of snickerdoodle cupcakes. Just make sure you have enough cupcake pans and adjust the baking time accordingly.
So, go ahead and get baking! These snickerdoodle cupcakes are a delightful twist on a classic cookie, and they’re sure to bring smiles to the faces of everyone who tries them. Enjoy!